Rod & Cylinder Magnets - Superior Magnetic Strength and Temperature StabilityBuy rod (cylinder) magnets online today! MagnetShop.com carries a large inventory of permanent rod (cylinder) magnets in neodymium and alnico magnet materials, available in a wide range of sizes, grades and finishes, not all of which are shown on this website.
Rod (cylinder) magnets are long, circular magnets where the length exceeds the diameter, commonly used for recessing into a drilled hole for holding applications where larger magnetic fields are required.
Because of their superior magnetic strength and temperature stability, rod magnets are ideal for many consumer, commercial, and technical applications. Our permanent rod magnets are built for demanding applications where high levels of magnetism are required, from high performance motors to rotary machinery, medical devices and sensors.
- Custom Orders - We can also custom manufacture rod and cylinder magnets to fit your exact specifications, using our in-house global facilities and team of experienced engineers. Just let us know what you are looking for by sending us a special request or contact us today, and we’ll work with you to determine the most economical solution for your project’s specialty requirements.
- Features & Characteristics - Features and characteristics of Rod Magnets
Features & Characteristics of Rod Magnets
- What are rod magnets? Rod magnets are long, cylindrical magnets. Because their magnetic length is longer than their diameter, our permanent rod magnets have very high levels of magnetism for a small surface pole area. Alnico rods can be used in temperatures up to 1000°F.
- What grades are available for rod magnets? Neodymium rod magnets are available in grades ranging from N30 to N42. We also offer grade 5 alnico rod magnets.
- What are some common applications for rod magnets? Rod magnets are ideal for consumer, commercial, educational, research and industrial applications where high magnetic strength and temperature stability are required. From high-performance permanent motors to rotary machinery, medical devices, sensors, reed switches, meters and much more.
Click here for: