Alnico Magnets are Excellent for High Temperature Applications!
Buy alnico magnets on-line today! We carry a large inventory of grade 8 alnico disc magnets & grade 5 alnico rod magnets, available in a wide range of sizes and shapes, not all of which is shown on this website. Alnico magnets, are part of the permanent magnet family, and relatively high in magnetic strength. These powerful magnets offer excellent temperature stability & can be used at temperatures up to 1000⁰F (500⁰C).
- Alnico Magnet Applications- Due to their relatively high strength and temperature stability, alnico magnets are commonly used for industrial applications such as rotating machinery, meters, instruments, sensing devices holding applications and more.
- Alnico Magnet Manufacturing- Alnico magnets are manufactured through either a casting or sintering process, so they can be made into complex shapes such as horseshoes, which is not possible to do with other magnet materials.
- Tolerances- Generally the tolerance on Alnico Magnets is +/-0.005" on diameter and +/-0.15" on length.
- Custom Manufacturing- We can custom manufacture these to your exact specifications using our in-house manufacturing facilities and experienced team of engineers. Just let us know what you are looking for by sending us a request for quote or contact us today, and we'll work with you to determine the most economical solution for your project.
Click on the images below for pricing and sizes:
- What are the main characteristics of alnico magnets? Alnico magnets offer high magnetic strength, energies but low coercivities. They are less brittle than Rare Earth magnets, are highly resistant to corrosion, have excellent temperature stability and can be used at very high temperatures. Manufactured through either a casting or sintering process, they can be made into complex shapes (such as horseshoe shapes) that are not possible with other magnet materials. (top)
- What grades & shapes are available for alnico magnets? Grades 5 and 8 are the most commonly used Alnico grades. Non-standard shapes can be custom fabricated to blueprint specifications from raw stock in sintered, or cast forms, & we can custom manufacture virtually any shape & size to meet your specialty requirements. Send us a request for quote, and we'll work with you to determine the most economical way to manufacture your specialty project. (top)
- Are there machining constraints for alnico magnets? Alnico magnets are hard and brittle, and prone to chipping & cracking. They require very careful machining & it is not generally recommended that these materials be used for structural or decorative purposes. Machining or drilling cannot be accomplished by ordinary methods. Cutting & grinding should be done prior to magnetizing. Holes must be made by EDM methods. We are fully equipped to machine these materials to your blueprint specifications. (top)
- What are some common applications for alnico magnets? Instrumentation, meters, microwave devices, actuators, holding devices, sensors, are among the most common applications for Alnico magnets. (top)
- Do alnico magnets require surface treatments? Alnico magnets do not typically require a protective coating or plating since they exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion. (top)
- What are some safety precautions that should be taken into consideration when working with alnico magnets? Special care should be taken to assure that these magnets are not subjected to adverse repelling fields, since these could partially demagnetize the magnets. If Alnicos are partially demagnetized, they may be easily re-magnetized. (top)
- What is a permanent magnet? Permanent magnets represent the majority of magnetic materials available today. A permanent magnet is made from ferromagnetic materials, which have magnetic fields that do not turn on and off like electromagnets. We carry a large stock inventory of permanent magnets; neodymium, alnico, ceramic (ferrite) and samarium cobalt, in a wide range of sizes, shapes and grades. (top)
Click here for: