Alnico Grade 5 & 8 Rod Magnets
We carry a wide range of alnico 5 and alnico 8 rod magnets, not all of which are shown on this website. Alnico magnets are part of the permanent magnet family, and relatively high in magnetic strength. They offer excellent temperature stability & can be used at temperatures up to 1000⁰F (500⁰C).
Because of their temperature stability and relatively high magnetic strength, they are commonly used for industrial applications such as rotating machinery, meters, instruments, sensing devices holding applications and more.
- Alnico Magnet Manufacturing - Alnico magnets are manufactured through either a casting or sintering process, so they can be made into complex shapes such as horseshoes, which is not possible to do with other magnet materials.
- Standard Dimensional Tolerances - Generally the tolerance on Alnico Magnets is +/-0.005" on diameter and +/-0.15" on length, however Item# CG704-700 has a tighter tolerance of +/-0.001" on diameter & +/-0.005" on length.
- Custom Manufacturing - We can custom manufacture these to your exact specifications using our in-house manufacturing facilities and experienced team of engineers. Just let us know what you are looking for by sending us a request for quote or contact us today, and we'll work with you to determine the most economical way of providing you with what you need.
* $15.00 total minimum order (excluding shipping & tax if applicable) - Items can be combined to reach the minimum amount.
Features & Characteristics of Alnico Rod Magnets
|Alnico 5 Rod Magnet Technical Data||Alnico 8 Rod Magnet Technical Data|
|Grade: 5||Grade: 8|
|Type: Cast||Type: Cast|
|Magnetization: Through the Length (L)||Magnetization: Through the Length (L)|
|Br: 12,500 Gauss||Br: 8,300 Gauss|
|BHmax: 5.5 MGOe||BHmax: 5.5 MGOe|
|Hc: 6,400 Oersteds||Hc: 1650 Oersteds|
|Max Operating Temperature: 1004ºF/540ºC||Max Operating Temperature: 1004ºF/540ºC|
|Curie Temp: 1580ºF/860ºC||Curie Temp: 1580ºF/860ºC|
|Density (lb/in3): 0.265||Density (lb/in3): 0.265|
Standard Dimensional Tolerances for Alnico Rod Magnets
Standard diameter tolerances for Alnico Magnets based on the following dimensions:
- +/- 0.005” on both diameter and length dimensions ranging from 0.040” to 1.000”.
- +/- 0.010” on both diameter and length dimensions ranging from 1.001” to 2.000”.
- +/- 0.015” on both diameter and length dimensions ranging from 2.001” & above.
Manufacturing Methods for Alnico Magnets
Alnico magnets are manufactured through either a casting or sintering process, so they can be made into complex shapes such as horseshoes, which is not possible to do with other magnet materials. Top
Alnico Disc Magnet Applications
Alnico magnets are relatively high in magnetic strength, offer excellent temperature stability and can be used in temperatures up to 1000°F (500°C), so they are ideal for many types of industrial manufacturing applications. In addition, Alnico magnets are manufactured through a casting or sintering process, so they can be made into complex shapes, not possible to achieve with other magnet materials. They are routinely used in the oil and gas, medical, aerospace military and defense, industrial automation, automotive, and manufacturing industry. Top
Custom Orders for Alnico Disc Magnets
We carry a large inventory of Alnico 5 rod magnets and Alnico 8 disc magnets in various sizes and thicknesses, not all of which are listed on this website. We can also custom machine these to your exact specifications. Just let us know what you are looking for by sending a request for quote or contact us today to discuss your specialty project. Our sister company, Integrated Magnetics, has over 60 years of expertise in manufacturing complex magnetic assemblies for more technical applications. (top)