Ceramic Disc Magnets
Ceramic Disc & Cylinder Magnets
MagnetShop.com carries a large inventory of ceramic disc magnets, available in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses, not all of which are shown on this website. Ceramic disc magnets (also known as “ferrite” disc magnets) are part of the permanent magnet family, and they are the lowest cost “hard” magnets available today!
- Our ceramic disc magnets exhibit relatively good strength, making them the popular choice for many consumer and commercial applications. Ceramic magnets are popular magnets for crafters, used for arts and crafts as well as modeling projects, perfect for refrigerator magnets, science projects, POP displays, signage, jewelry clasps, furniture parts, motor components and much more. Buy ceramic disc magnets online today.
Using our in-house manufacturing facilities and experienced team of engineers, ceramic magnets can be custom cut or machined to your exact requirements. Just let us know what you are looking for by sending us a request for quote or contact us today, and we’ll work with you to determine the most economical solution for your project.
* $15.00 total minimum order (excluding shipping & tax if applicable) - Items can be combined to reach the minimum amount.
Approximate Pull Information
The approximate pull info listed for ceramic disc magnets are for reference only. These values are calculated under the assumption that the magnet will be attached to a flat, ground 1/2" thick mild steel plate. coatings, rust, rough surfaces, and certain environmental conditions can significantly reduce the pull force. Please be sure to test the actual pull in your actual application. For critical applications, it is suggested that the pull be de-rated by a factor of 2 or more, depending on the severity of a potential failure.
Ceramic Disc Magnet Material
Our ceramic disc magnets are comprised of iron oxide and barium or strontium carbonate. Ceramic disc magnets exhibit relatively good holding strength for their price, and are used for many consumer and commercial applications.
Standard Dimensional Tolerances for Ceramic Disc Magnets
Standard diameter tolerances for Ceramic Magnets based on the following dimensions:
- +/- 0.005” on diameter dimensions ranging from 0.040” to 1.000”.
- +/- 0.010” on diameter dimensions ranging from 1.001” to 2.000”.
- +/- 0.015” on diameter dimensions ranging from 2.001” to 3.000”.
*Tolerance on thickness +/-0.005” regardless of size.